No need to dread Tummy Time any longer! Here are our recommendations for the best Tummy Time toys that will not only make tummy time more tolerable, but an enjoyable experience for all!
Tummy Time Mats
1. Tiny Love Tummy Time Fun Mat: great option to encourage tummy time, the curved bolster offers support under the child’s arms and the mirror encourages upward gaze! This mat definitely qualifies as one of the Best Tummy Time Toys!2. Boppy Tummy Time Zoo Buddies: love this “mini Boppy”! Toys can easily attach to keep child engaged, provides support to allow child to prop up on arms during tummy time!
3. Fisher Price Comfort Vibe Play Wedge: not only offers great tummy time positioning help, but offers gentle vibration and fun sounds to stimulate baby!
Tummy Time Mirrors
1. Infantino Activity Mirror: one of the Best Tummy Time toys, as it is extremely versatile. It can be used in the car, crib or propped on the floor to encourage tummy time, rolling and crawling. This mirror also includes two sweet toys which stimulate both the child’s visual and tactile senses, with additional links to attach more objects to motivate and encourage!
2. Sassy Floor Mirror: great visual stimulation, also with tactile and auditory components to encourage child to reach out and engage with both bee and ladybug
3. Fisher Price Crawl Along Snail: works in stationary mode, but can also turn on to “crawl” along encouraging child to shift weight and eventually move body to follow along!
Tummy Time Toys
1. Tummy Time Playboard and Art Cards: love these high contrast images that can be used on the floor or as easel to encourage upper body extension during tummy time.
2. O-Ball Rattle: great for bilateral coordination and tracking! One of the best Tummy Time toys that can be a great motivator for future milestones such as sitting, crawling and standing!
3. Sassy Tactile Ring Set: help promote grasping and reaching on their tummy. This extremely portable and durable set can be used for tummy time fun as well as to attach toys to carseat, stroller, or high chair!4. Lamaze Musical Inchworm: doubles as motivating toy and bolster to encourage upper body weight bearing during tummy time!
5. Sassy Wonder Wheel Activity Center: encourages both visual tracking and upper body engagement as child interacts with toy!
Check out our post for more Tummy Time Tips and Tricks here!
Learn more about Dinosaur Physical Therapy!