This post will focus on Torticollis Treatment Equipment, highlighting equipment and toys that can be helpful in the treatment of Torticollis. This equipment is recommended in conjunction with appropriate therapeutic intervention by a qualified Pediatric professional.
Torticollis Treatment Equipment Ideas
1. Boppy Pillow
- Can be used to encourage Tummy Time, positioning in supine to offload pressure on head or assisting with sidelying play.
- Great nursing support to promote symmetric head rotation as well!
- Can also be a great tool for supported sitting practice when child is ready.
- For more Sitting Tips and Tricks read our post here!
- Functions like a bolster to promote child’s active head/neck control while targeting upper body strengthening.
- Great for Tummy Time and propping during Sidelying play!
3. Incline Ramp
- Encourages active play during Tummy Time.
- Utilize the incline to facilitate neck and upper body strength while allowing hands free to manipulate toys.
4. Therapy Ball
- One of the most helpful pieces of Torticollis Treatment Equipment!
- Can be used to facilitate Tummy Time, weight shifting, righting reactions, postural control, address head/neck strength and range of motion!
- To challenge trunk strength/stability in supported sitting and shoulder strength/stability in prone propping.
- Great for weight shifting, balance reactions and encouraging active range of motion!
6. Activity Gym
- Encourages Tummy Time, promotes head/neck strength, offloads pressure on head and encourages active range of motion!
7. Baby Mirror
- Great motivator for Tummy Time and Sidelying play!
8. Letter Links
- Promotes visual tracking, active range of motion, and hand-eye coordination.
- Encourage grasping and visual tracking as we address range of motion and head/neck strength!
- Helpful Tummy Time motivator, encouraging upper body activation, extension and active range of motion!
11. Mimos Pillow
- Specially designed weight distribution baby pillow.
- Make sure you check the Mimos Pillow sizing before ordering: Mimos XL (1-5 months) and Mimos XXL (5-12 months).
12. Baby Moon Pillow
- Provides head and neck support to address both Torticollis and Plagiocephaly.
- Offloading pressure on head to address head shape and symmetry for young children.
- Encourages alignment and symmetry in head shape and position.
- Offloads pressure on child’s head and promotes symmetric head shape.
- Cradles head and upper body to promote alignment and assist with positioning.
- A great carrier can help address range of motion and encourage active movement away from restriction imposed by Torticollis.
- Allowing child to build head/neck strength in safe supported manner!
Learn more about Dinosaur Physical Therapy!